Today I got to experience something that content marketers never enjoy – a finish line. Our 4-day, 400-mile endurance event ended in Cranford, NJ.
Along the way, I had several insights about the endurance nature of content marketing and what it takes to achieve success:
- Have a clearly defined goal, a big goal.
- Do your training. Keep your fitness high.
- Make sure each team members has an emotional connection to the goal.
- Deal with the details so you’re not distracted from the goal and drifting out of the lane.
- Expect the unexpected, but also be prepared for the expected.
- Have regular meetings to re-focus.
- Give huge “at-a-boys” to those who crash but get going again
- Stay on the bike and keep pushing.